Early Application Decisions Are Right Around the Corner!
- Most decisions will arrive through an online portal. After receiving your application, universities will email admission information including login instructions and the decision release time. Please check your Junk/SPAM folder regularly for these admission emails. If you need to create an account or password, please do so ahead of time so that you are ready to go when your decision is available. If you are missing your login information, please contact the Admissions Department directly through email or their phone number. There are still some schools that send the decisions through USPS so they arrive sporadically depending on where you live.
- Please think about opening your decision portal in private or with your family. Although it is wonderful to think of an immediate celebration, there may be a possibility that there is a disappointment that you may not want to be public.
- If you applied to an institution through Early Decision, this is a binding agreement. The university will expect a deposit within a few weeks.
- If you applied to an institution through Early Action, it is non-binding and you have until May 1st to make a decision.
- If you are expecting financial aid, these packages can often take a few more days to arrive than the decision. Reduced or waived deposits often accompany financial aid packages.
- If you are deferred, your application will be re-evaluated with the Regular Decision applications. You will be notified with a new decision at the same time as Regular Decision applicants. Please contact your counselor about steps we can take to help your application at this time.
- If an application is denied, you cannot apply to the same institution for Regular Decision this year.
- Remember that someday everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.